1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Telemole - introduction/application Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Telemole - introduction/application EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Telemole - introduction/application EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Telemole - introduction/application EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Telemole - introduction/application

4 posters

Go down

Telemole - introduction/application Empty Telemole - introduction/application

Post by (A/229) telemole Thu 09 Aug 2018, 19:17

Hello from Ontario Canada!

Long time flight sim enthusiast, fairly new to DCS but since getting a Rift and flying in VR I am loving every minute.  I could use some help with my flying and operations, and have not done multiplayer operations in DCS before.  I work in a highly technical field, and will be a quick study with some help!

I hope to get in the air with friends soon!

contact direct by telemole@gmail.com

Cheers,
Telemole

(A/229) telemole

Back to top Go down

Telemole - introduction/application Empty Re: Telemole - introduction/application

Post by (A/229) Chic Fri 10 Aug 2018, 01:33

Hey telemole, I processed ya for A Company and I activated you for full forum access and set up your call sign,  (A/229) telemole.
You can change it if you had something else in mind.  
You'll use this call sign on the forum, our servers, TeamSpeak and Discord.
I'm A's Unit Trainer and will get you oriented.   Ultimately you will need to earn Basic Wings with the Huey.  The training program is self paced but we can offer you as much training as expediently as you want.  All you need to do is reach out.  
I'm usually on TeamSpeak  weekdays around 2300 - 300 Zulu.
PM me if you want to set up a specific time otherwise just pop in on Team Speak.
You'll need to get modded up for the 229th servers.
Download OvGME if you haven't already.
Have fun.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Telemole - introduction/application Empty Re: Telemole - introduction/application

Post by (A/229) telemole Fri 10 Aug 2018, 15:10

Thanks! The handle is great - Telemole, A Company.

So I'm signed up for the forums, and I've been trying to get as much info from them as possible.
I'm ready to get in there and learn like a sponge Smile I can't find any info on your Discord or Teamspeak channels however and so I'm not sure how to connect? I prefer Discord myself but I can do whatever is needed.

I'm not sure what mods I require (I've never modded DCS in any way) and found something called OvGME but the download links were dead. If you guys have any interest I could create some kind of an intro/startup 'card' (keep it simple, give lots of info but don't make em read all day) that helps folks like me get a leg up? Just a thought - my intent is to volunteer services, not step on any toes Wink

Ok I just figured out how to set and clear my 'pilot trimmer' - mind blown. Flying just got easier! Hope to hear back soon - I'll go land a few more hundred times now...

(A/229) telemole

(A/229) telemole

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) telemole Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:05

i've just spotted the teamspeak widget on the lower left of the forums (oops) - installing!

(A/229) telemole

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Huckleberry Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:07

Hi Telemole and welcome to the 229th!

In this forum, under the 229th mods section, I made a sticky regarding how to enable the required mods via OVGME.

https://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/t3063-tutorial-loading-229th-mods-via-ovgme

If you think you can condense this info into a card or something easier to understand, please do. Your services are welcome and appreciated, you would not be stepping on any toes!

If you have questions about the mods, catch someone on TS (when it's online, right now the servers are being transferred to a shiny new data center thanks to dabomb) or post on that thread in the link above.
(A/229) Huckleberry
(A/229) Huckleberry
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) telemole Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:12

but the server is down Sad

(A/229) telemole

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Huckleberry Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:24

You can still follow the tutorial to enable required mods for when the servers come back online in a few hours, and ask questions on that thread.

Updates on the servers will be posted here
https://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/t3165-dedicated-servers-moving-to-new-data-center
(A/229) Huckleberry
(A/229) Huckleberry
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Sun 12 Aug 2018, 00:01

Telemole, PM me if you want to set up a meet to get you up and running. Our server ain't up yet but we can still make a dent.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Bandit 89 Mon 27 Aug 2018, 16:07

Hi Telemole. I'm also in Ontario and would be interested in doing some flying together. Send me a message if interested. Thanks.
(A/229) Bandit 89
(A/229) Bandit 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down