1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES!

4 posters

Go down

SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! Empty SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES!

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:07

Briefly scrolling through posts it seems a done deal that SR is wanted by the 229th.

(A/229) Showtime817 wrote:I'm sure CB will get yours working soon Gizz and then you will really get to experience the brilliance of this program.
(C/229) Highwayman wrote:Works really well guys. Happy to run this as standard.
(B/229) Blade wrote:Didn't we told ya it's (gonna be) cool?? Very Happy And look who's getting a personalised threatment, again?? Razz
(C/229) Kiwi wrote:I'm not at the top. But I vote for SR Standalone
(B/229) Cib wrote:Also all the Company Commanders including your own endorse simple radio!
(D/229) Gizzy wrote:My view is that we should use Simple Radio but that is a view, not a standard
(C/229) Highwayman wrote:As C Coy Commander I would put it to the vote amongst my team first, but I know they'll back what I say. So my recommendation to HQ is for Simple Radio

UR was previously used was stable and paid for by many but some members OS's just will simply not interact.

This matter may be discussed at a HCC / Commanders meeting this Saturday.

I highlight that:

• SR is in the early stages of development.  
  • It changes all the time as bugs are flattened and features are introduced.
  • Updates are often weekly.
  • Operational travel distance of speech is not yet modelled on modulation nor wavelength.
  • Terrain penetration / absorption is not yet modelled let alone any modelling of wavelength differentials in this area.

229th Xtra asked for SR use for Training last night, 4th Aug.

Everyone who attended had SR installed utilising the 229th SR server.

It did not work correctly, some heard some, some heard others, some heard nothing and some could not speak etc... etc..  

Eventually after quite some frustrating time, SR was abandoned and TS was used which really was unsatisfactorily due to the nature of the training that Xtra delivered.

This confusion may perhaps be due to different versions being used between client and server.  The server used was 229th.

Yesterday evening the latest SR version, 1.1.5.0  was released which now has logging for other plugins Export.lua's Errors caused maybe by Simshaker, Helios, CaptZeen, Ikarus to mention just a few.  

Client & Overlay are contained within the one program rather than separate.

It would be nice to have a proof of concept showing SR works well in its current form and also to form a standard procedure for the future.

Blue flag are operating a server with the latest version and its on 37.59.10.136.  If daBomb upgrades the 229th server we can test that as well.

I will be on TS at these times 1600z 1800z 2200z today and tomorrow at 0700z 0900z.  

If anyone wishes to assist me in QUICK tests on the latest version please download the latest SR at https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.1.5.0 and install it over the old.

1. Set it up as in the image below..
  2. Establish contact on TS
  3. Collectively, step by step we will
  4. Jump into a Hot start Huey.
  5. Check that DCS Pilot PTT is mapped to something
  6. Check common frequencies are selected on AM, FM & UHF
  7. TS will be muted, both MIC & AUDIO - comms on TS can be via POKE.
  8. Set the Huey INTERCOM MODE to 1
  9. test that the Pilot PTT mapping is activating the send light within SR.
  10. check on recieving a transmission SR light change colour
  11. INTERCOM MODE to 2 & 3 the same.

Record results.  Publish Sat lunchtime – or not if no response.  This may help HCC make a direction.

Obviously if we go ahead with SR adoption then a procedure is required coordinate version change collectively and on the server for everyone to remain in synch.

And just to make it clear, I support SR. Ciaran the author is very responsive and has stated to me that he will do everything possible to support the 229th as a group if collectively used - but if it is not yet working 95% then we should delay introduction.

SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! 28702164861_4dc3a41b1e_b

Back to top Go down

SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! Empty Re: SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES!

Post by (HHC/229) Dabomb Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:22

229 SR server has been upgraded to 1.1.5.0 from 1.1.4.0.

-db
(HHC/229) Dabomb
(HHC/229) Dabomb
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:35

(A/229) Dabomb wrote:229 SR server has been upgraded to 1.1.5.0 from 1.1.4.0.

-db

Thanks dB.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 18:24

DC
BLADE
FLICK
BBALL
GIZZY

SR sorted so far...

Just as a an example of what can go wrong, I had just finished talking through DC & FLICK and getting that working when my Internet seized, W10 threw up loads of network errors and the internet failed..... another power outage up the coast probably knocked off part of the microwave links... (Tourist influx = overload on power demands!)

Eventually got it all sorted reconnected and SR overlay not working at all - goosed.... re-install re-do all to no avail.... then a thought.. I run 3 screens, maybe the overlay WAS running and is lost?  Forced the other screens off from the GPU leaving just one, bingo, overlay present and correct.  Back to 3 screens and all was well.

Talked BB through the install and everything in the garden is rosy.  Told you it is experimental...

Be on at 2200z for a short while, anyone else needs a hand just shout and also tomorrow morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Showtime817 Fri 05 Aug 2016, 19:06

Thanks Giz for helping other setup and test SRS...I'm really suprize you were able to help that BBall, that guy is wild man Smile.
(A/229) Showtime817
(A/229) Showtime817
First Lieutenant
Company XO
Rated Senior Aviator
First Lieutenant Company XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Xtra Fri 05 Aug 2016, 19:11

now i think it will ve a topic for saterdays meet. but please keep using 1.1.5 to get everyone started and wait with updates untill its been tested by hhc to give the go on the update Smile
(D/229) Xtra
(D/229) Xtra
Major
Company Commander
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major Company Commander Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 19:43

(A/229) Showtime817 wrote:Thanks Giz for helping other setup and test SRS...I'm really suprize you were able to help that BBall, that guy is wild man Smile.

denada...

Yes, I found out the hard way when BBall threw a fit and slapped me hard on the back of the head when I said innocently, "you know the PTT...." *^%!!!!* ouch, that hurt!!!!

(D/229) Xtra wrote:..... please keep using 1.1.5 to get everyone started and wait with updates untill its been tested by hhc to give the go .......

May I respectfully suggest the Battalion S6 Signals officer (Communications & IT) would be perfectly placed to take charge of policy and direct propagation if SR is officially introduced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 07:02

For completeness...

Setting up SR as in the earlier post will replicate RL i.e. you need to do 2 things to change radios and talk.

Now add in changing frequencies, flying in formation and talking at the same time and things can get a little hectic Smile

In RL Hueys have 2 pilots, DCS has 1.

The autopilot can help you out here if needed especially at the beginning... map AP & AP modes (straight & level, attitude & orbit) will again make things a little easier.

If you have a TMWH or a handy spare HAT switch or similar you can combine the PTT and Intercom selection into one button push.

The settings in this image will allow the TMWH right throttle radio hat to do this.  Push forward and hold will switch the Intercom rotary to the FM radio and push the PTT for as long as the HAT switch is pressed.

Likewise, push down and hold and you are speaking on UHF, pull back and hold and your transmitting on AM....

SIMPLE RADIO ISSUES! 28797254615_fb25c76344_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2016, 07:14

This link gives the current SR state regarding operation with all airframes....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Comanchero86 Wed 14 Sep 2016, 22:31

Help! Sorry, but I have no idea of how to even install SR let alone operate it. Win10 will not let the installers run. Perhaps I should change my call sign to Luddite86.
(A/229) Comanchero86
(A/229) Comanchero86

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Showtime817 Thu 15 Sep 2016, 05:28

If you can jump on TeamSpeak someone can help you setup SRS.
(A/229) Showtime817
(A/229) Showtime817
First Lieutenant
Company XO
Rated Senior Aviator
First Lieutenant Company XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down