1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"...

4 posters

Go down

My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... Empty My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"...

Post by (A/229) BBall Mon 20 Jan 2014, 14:12

Hey gang!

I cobbled together a short vid of me chasing some A/I dude around the skies over Stalingrad in the latest “alpha” build of “IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad”.

In case you might be wondering, I have no idea when this thing is supposed to release to the general public. If, IMHO, they stay the course on what I’ve seen so far, it has a chance to become “THE” WWII flight simulation. Of course, a huge chunk of that “chance” will be determined by the multiplayer code.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrLEbNLMks

FYI, I made it in “HD”, so I would suggest selecting at least “720p HD” in the options menu. Plus, it seems to have turned out well enough to view in the “full screen” mode (many times one of these things looks pretty crappy in that realm). Just a note...as we all know, something is always lost when you film one of these babies...rest assured, as good as it looks in the vid, it looks FAR BETTER in person! Just check out those black, oily, columns of smoke over the city! (with no loss in FPS no less)

Later all!
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!
Killed In Action: : is a zillion too many times?
Slick No. of landings: : you mean the ones I walked away from?
CAS Tanks destroyed: : not many.
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : more than the tanks.
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : have no idea! were they selling beer there?

Back to top Go down

My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... Empty Re: My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"...

Post by (D/229) Retro-Burn Mon 20 Jan 2014, 15:17

Yea, but I'm not liking the sales model. ROF just about killed my pocket book. In the end, I think I spent over two hundred bucks. Quite a big jump from 60. It's going to take a lot to supplant my fav, IL2 1946.
(D/229) Retro-Burn
(D/229) Retro-Burn
Warrant Officer 1
Rated Aviator
Warrant Officer 1 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"... Empty Re: My latest vid of "Battle of Stalingrad"...

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Mon 20 Jan 2014, 23:56

Very nice BBall, those graphics are bloody nice, whats the FPS when there is more AC in the skies together?
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:15

Yeah, I hear ya.

I’m still not sure what I think of their business model. I’ve flown “Rise of Flight” since it’s birth, and have purchased less than a dozen crates from them (none of the other equipment type stuff), so I’m no where as into it dollar wise as yourself.

I will say this. IMHO, ROF has THE BEST flight modeling of pure fixed-winged flight of any simulation I’ve ever flown. Granted, I’ve logged exactly “0” time in a Spad, Sopwith or Fokker, but me thinks that 40 years of flying everything from Cessna 150s to DC-10s would qualify me to make such a bold statement. I’ve said many times... if you can fly the machines in “ROF” correctly, then you truly understand aerodyanmics and how it relates to being a pilot.

With all that rot spewed forth, I’ll offer that “something” about ROF leaves me wanting.

In the SP world, the missions can become a bit repetitious (although with all the NAV aids, etc., turned off, it can be a bit of a challenge to simply find ones way home again...lol), and the dogfights with the A/I always seem to end in a low altitude turning battle (not a bad thing), but in the end a bit predictable. In the MP world, as much as I love a good human V human dogfight, I know my passion lies with a good coop mission type....even against the “predictable” A/I.  I’ve yet to find a coop server.

AFA “IL-2: 1946” is concerned...I’m gonna have to agree with ya. It has been the meat and potatos of our LAN group here in MSP since it’s release all those years ago, and I dare say that I’ve constructed over 100+ missions (to include a historically based campaign) over the years in that magnificent sim. In fact, at our last LAN in October, we flew it almost exclusively for a number of reasons... not the least of which was because we were flying with a brand new member to the group, who is BRAND NEW to flight simulations (another Delta Captain whose  flight sim “cherry” was taken at our LAN). IL-2 seemed the perfect sim to break in a noob, and it worked liked a charm. (Just another guy hooked on flight sims....lol...that’s what he gets for flying a 12 day Asia trip with me, and asking me about “those funny computer flying games”....LMAO) Very Happy 

We’ll see regarding  “BOS”... it’s early in the first quarter and although it has tons of potential, it could just as easily fall on it’s ass.

Again, keeping my fingers crossed on this one...
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:23

Strut,

Not sure actually. The most I’ve seen so far is a grand total of 4 (me and wingie, verses a couple of Lagg3’s).

I will say this, when I was using “FRAPS” during the filming with all the smoke over Stalingrad, the lowest I saw for an FPS was in the mid 40s, and the highest was 60 (I have it limited to 60...so I don’t know how high it would actually go). There seemed to be NO slow down at all over the city...

I’ll keep updating as they release more to us. When you fire up the sim, it tells you how far toward 100% of being finished they consider it to be...right now it says “38%” IIRC.

The DEV Blogs are saying to look forward to the Ju-87 and the IL-2 being flyable very soon.

I’ll have more vids as it progresses...
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Tue 21 Jan 2014, 01:12

Thanks BBall, yeah their game engine looks terrific in performance and visuals. I still have IL 2 loaded and haven't turned it on for a while, might have to, but bloody hell with all these sims i got to find the time............
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Tue 21 Jan 2014, 09:00

I still have il2 1946 too, played it way too much back in the days. Bball, what's the title of the campaign you made?
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall Tue 21 Jan 2014, 14:01

Hey Nef!

Not sure if you can still find it anywhere, I titled it the “Double Nickel Campaign”. It was based on the 55th FS, 20th FG that deployed to France shortly after D-Day in the Lightning. Later in the war they upgraded to the P-51 and flew with distinction and valor throughout the conflict. I tried very hard to make the missions as accurate as possible in terms of the dates, places and weather...some of that was impossible to do, so I (of course) used a bit of literary license.

I also started one depicting the 475th FG in the PTO (the group that Maj. Tommy McGuire flew with in his ongoing battle to out do Richard Bong in their race to see who could down the most Japanese planes). It was titled “Satan’s Angels” and I got several missions into it.

I’ll dig around and see if I can put it somewhere for you to download if you’re interested.

BB
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Retro-Burn Tue 21 Jan 2014, 14:58

cool
(D/229) Retro-Burn
(D/229) Retro-Burn
Warrant Officer 1
Rated Aviator
Warrant Officer 1 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Tue 21 Jan 2014, 17:03

Interested Smile Will it work with latest version of the game? And with hsfx ?
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down