1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Warrent officer candidate application  Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Warrent officer candidate application  EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Warrent officer candidate application

+3
(A/229) Spooky
(B/229) Thunder Cat
(C/229) Space Cadet
7 posters

Go down

Warrent officer candidate application  Empty Warrent officer candidate application

Post by Thunder Cat Wed 10 Jul 2019, 21:59

Good day team

My callsign is Thunder Cat.
I'm a long time fan of Rotor Craft and the air force.
My passion is flying the UH-1H as it's a helicopter with a great back round and its proven its strength over and over during the Vietnam war.
I love what DCS has done with the virtual cock pit as I love the realism of the simulator.
My focuses are on perfecting every aspect of flying such as maintaining level flight and heading at all times as well as practicing pre flight and flight planning on all flights even free flight.
I carry myself as a professional and I take my hobby as seriously as I take my career.
The idea is to create a realistic combat environment and in order to do so rules must be made and stuck to.

I've logged 110 hours in the Huey and this includes night flying low visibility and instrument flying aswell as SAR & gun ship missions.

I also make my own missions in order to test my skills however I have not shared any as yet.
And more importantly I am a good example of a soldier I know my place and I am happy to take instructions and play the roll I am designated.

My Rig

I7 -GTX 1089TI -20 GB RAM- HTC VIVE -THRUST MASTER cyclic collective and peddled.

Waiting to hear back from you guys.

Kind regards Thunder Cat

Thunder Cat

Back to top Go down

Warrent officer candidate application  Empty Re: Warrent officer candidate application

Post by (C/229) Space Cadet Thu 11 Jul 2019, 02:45

Hello Thunder Cat, welcome to the 229th. You’ll find all the guys here very friendly and super helpful so I’m sure you’ll definitely have a great time here at the 229th.

The instructors and Admin guys all monitor this page very closely so rest assured that one of them will be along shortly to get you all enlisted and help you get setup ready to attack the big blue sky… :-)

But first off, we will need to know your location as we have 3 United Companies (A, B & C) covering USA, EU and Australia / NZ / Asia. (The company Designation is really just a Timezone indicator as we all fly together at different times depending on ones sleep patterns).

In the meantime, below is a link to our Discord channel where we all hang out every day and link up to plan a flight or just chew the fat.
It’s also the best place to get all the help you need to get setup to fly on our servers. So join up soon and come say hello… definitely don’t be shy, as I said we’re all a very friendly bunch.

https://discord.gg/yz435Q

Also, below is a link to the 229th Wiki page where you will find all the information you could ever ask about the 229th and getting all set up.

(This is a temporary link to our WiKi as the main page has an issue at the WiKi end, out of our control).

http://202.125.24.72/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

Look forward to having a fly with you very soon mate,

Ava Good’n, John (A.K.A. Space Cadet, 229th C Co. Commander Australia)

(C/229) Space Cadet
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Warrent officer candidate application  Empty Re: Warrent officer candidate application

Post by (B/229) Thunder Cat Thu 11 Jul 2019, 03:00

Thanks you for your fast reply Space Cadet I look forward to hearing from your IP and or admin team.

In the mean time I will check out the discord channel as I need to get my team comms set up.

My location is South Africa GMT +2

Kind regards Thunder Cat

(B/229) Thunder Cat
Warrant Officer Candidate

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Space Cadet Thu 11 Jul 2019, 05:11

Thanks Thunder Cat, I imagine you will be assigned to B company being +2 hours. I’ll keep an eye out for you on Discord and be available to help get you up on our servers. Look forward to catching up mate.

(C/229) Space Cadet
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Thunder Cat Thu 11 Jul 2019, 05:16

Like wise Space Cadet I'm looking forward to flying with you all.

Sent from Topic'it App

(B/229) Thunder Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Spooky Thu 11 Jul 2019, 05:17

Hello Thundercat welcome to the team, If you have any questions hit me up on the discord channel, I can get you started until one of the admin see you’re online. I’m sure you’ll enjoy flying with the 229 as we do have a few guys that like to create missions and will put them up on the server and give them a fly. Good to see you like some weather flying because we certainly do have some challenging IFR missions to have a go at. See you soon on discord and soon in the skies.

(A/229) Spooky

(A/229) Spooky
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : Hmmm Plenty
Killed In Action: : Never count this ... cant be too many right
Slick No. of landings: : Walked away from 80 percent of them lol

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Guinness Thu 11 Jul 2019, 13:07

Welcome to the 229th Thundercat! Glad you found us, hope you find this is a good fit for you. Cya in the virtual skies above.
(D/229) Guinness
(D/229) Guinness
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbine FixR Thu 11 Jul 2019, 13:57

Welcome Aboard !!
Turbine FixR
Turbine FixR
Captain
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : I can't count that High
Killed In Action: : Lots... :O
Slick No. of landings: : Always Landed

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Thunder Cat Thu 11 Jul 2019, 15:01

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to flying with all of you.

Sent from Topic'it App

(B/229) Thunder Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Thu 11 Jul 2019, 20:29

Welcome TC. You’ve been registered with B Company and now have full forum access. Please go to our Wiki page and follow the SETUP process. I see you’re already on TeamSpeak. Hopefully the boys will find ya and help you get established. I’m out of town and won’t be back in sim for another week or so. In mean time, you should find enough support to get you started.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Swamp_Rat Sat 13 Jul 2019, 15:28

It was great getting to fly with you Thunder Cat! Looking forward to next time!
(A/229) Swamp_Rat
(A/229) Swamp_Rat
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2019, 19:36

Good evening Gentlemen. And Ladies if there are any.

I am looking to apply for enrolment to the 229th and hope I can be accepted, however realise it best to introduce myself properly first.

My Call sign is Dragoneye, and I am hoping to return to the squadron after what seems like an incredibly long absence. In the past I was able to fly all hours of the day and had little to divide my time, however in the last three years I have become a father of two, started two companies which keep me rather busy, and moved to a location with an often times dodgy internet connection. So I will be a more casual but still dedicated flyer in the 229 if I am accepted.

I have many hours of flight time in in the Huey on DCS, but alas not in real life, I had gained my wings with the squadron several years ago, but want to start from scratch this time round. Due to rustiness and the simple fact it is the right thing to do. As far as Modules are concerned I have the Huey, MI8, Gazelle, Pony, Spitfire, Sabre, F14, F18, and the F16 is coming. have spent a couple of weeks flying around on my own in DCS, picking up bad habbits, and getting rather bored as I miss the interaction I once had.

I think thats all I have introduction wise for now, however, if you have any questions please ask.

Dragoneye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down