1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application

+2
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Gizzy
6 posters

Go down

Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application Empty Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application

Post by (A/229) Trip Mon 01 May 2017, 06:29

Greetings fellow Rotary Wing pilots!  I'm super excited about this community as it appears to be exactly what I was looking for.  Allow me to introduce myself.

Name: Ramon "Trip" Rodriguez III

Age/status: 36 and married.  No kids.

Timezone/Location: EST Greentown Pennsylvania USA (2 hours from NYC, 2 hours from Philadelphia)

Availability: Weekdays 6pm to 2am.  Weekends 10pm-2am.

Experience:  I've flown a few hours in the Huey and Gazelle (no combat yet) but I'm still a total noob.  I've flown the Ka-50 for a few minutes and own the Hip but haven't even started the engines yet.  I am also quite new to DCS.

For starters I'm extremely interested in trianing, both formal and informal.  Right now time is really tight, but that should let up in the next month or so.

About me:  

I've been somewhat obsessed with helicopter flight since my first ride at around ten years old (A Niagra Falls tour ride).  I spent a decent amount of time flying a helicopter in FSX many years ago, have flown ultra micro helicopters a little (mSR, SR120, mCPX), nearly got to go to helicopter school 15 years ago, and recently got started in DCS.  

I love the challenge of flying a helicopter, so the tougher a bird is to manage the happier I am.  This does not mean I'm a great pilot!  I believe with some training I can be decent, but I'm not likely to ever be a tournament competitor.  

I fly exclusively in VR on a home built 6DOF motion simulator (new pics and videos coming soon) which is currently all taken apart for a cockpit upgrade.  I'm likely to be pretty busy working on the cockpit for a good while yet, and will have a lot more time for actually flying once this current stage of construction is complete.  

Aside from simming I'm into the Chevrolet Corvair, an air cooled rear engine American car built from 1960 to 1969.  It's basically the American Porsche but a LOT more affordable!  Not fast but handles great, looks great, and has lots of interesting history and trivia.

Anecdotally I was briefly actually a member of the RL 1st Cavalry Division stationed at Fort Hood TX back in the year 2000.  The big ole' Cav patch still graces my uniforms, which haven't fit for over a decade LOL.  

Here is a vid (not helicopter flight sorry) of my sim in action.  I've since started building a much larger upper platform for more complete cockpit elements as I determined weight wasn't the issue I originally thought it would be.  

Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application Iron%20eagle

Last edited by Trip Rodriguez on Tue 02 May 2017, 03:54; edited 4 times in total

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application Empty Re: Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Mon 01 May 2017, 06:36

Hi Trip, welcome aboard, I hope you'll find this a good place.

Someone from A Coy will be along sometime (they don't get up early) and sort you out with forum access and stuff and then you'll be good to go.
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application Empty Re: Trip Rodriguez Warrant Officer application

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Mon 01 May 2017, 06:39

oh I forgot to say I'm envious of the rig!!!!!! Wait till some of the lads see this... you might be getting a visit ha ha
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Mon 01 May 2017, 06:43

(D/229) Gizzy wrote:oh I forgot to say I'm envious of the rig!!!!!!  Wait till some of the lads see this... you might be getting a visit ha ha

Thank you for the kind words. I imagine I will have some visitors come play with the motion sim once I get to know folks here. =)

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Mon 01 May 2017, 07:04

Hey trip welcome look forward to flying with you
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Mon 01 May 2017, 08:20

Thanks Cib, I look forward to participating and learning.

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Mon 01 May 2017, 11:13

Hey Trip,

TRIP or RODRIGUEZ for your signature... PC overheats when I try to put it all in Smile
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Huckleberry Mon 01 May 2017, 11:51

Welcome to A Coy, Trip.

That's some rig you've made. You'll fit in here just fine haha
(A/229) Huckleberry
(A/229) Huckleberry
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Mon 01 May 2017, 12:03

Hey Trip, welcome to the 229th.
Your 229th forum account has been activated. An intro letter from the brass is on the way. In the mean time set up your call sign to access this forum and TeamSpeak. Example: (A/229) Trip.
Come on TeamSpeak when you can. Someone will show ya around, and hook you up with the requisite mods for our servers. Once settled in, I'll orient you to our training program. Have fun.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Tue 02 May 2017, 03:45

(D/229) Gizzy wrote:Hey Trip,

TRIP or RODRIGUEZ for your signature... PC overheats when I try to put it all in Smile

LOL. Lets go with Trip.

Thanks Chic.

Just FYI guys, my sim cockpit is in pieces currently so I won't be able to fly for a couple weeks. Once she is airworthy again I'll be putting in at least a few hours a week with you guys, probably more. In the meantime I can do ground school and hang out in chat and the forums.

Also a quick question: I was also looking into "The Black Shark Den" before I got turned onto you guys. Is it ok to be a member of both groups or should I retract my application over there?

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Tue 02 May 2017, 08:20

Trip it is, signature added.

Re BSD I'd say check them out...'you have to try on the shoes before deciding they fit' ... and there is no bar on belonging to several communities at the same time as far as I know but, the old adage of 'you'll only get out what you put in' will ring true in the 229th.

If you decide to move on that's cool, just let us know .... most do not.
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Tue 02 May 2017, 09:16

(D/229) Gizzy wrote:Trip it is, signature added.  

Re BSD I'd say check them out...'you have to try on the shoes before deciding they fit' ...   and there is no bar on belonging to several communities at the same time as far as I know but, the old adage of 'you'll only get out what you put in' will ring true in the 229th.

If you decide to move on that's cool, just let us know .... most do not.

No Sir, If anything I'll probably be dropping BSD but wanted to know if it was ok to still check them out since I had already applied before I found the 229th.

PS- I expect to stop by the voice comms tomorrow night if nothing goes awry.

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Wed 03 May 2017, 07:14

Got on the TS3, but it's super late and there's only one person online. I'll have to try to get on earlier tomorrow but this week is a bit crazy for me so not sure I'll make it. I'll keep trying, and worst case I'll be around next week.

I'm going to be starting work on the Huey controls, so I'll still be plenty busy while I wait for parts to come to get me back in the air. I hope to be training with you guys in two weeks or so.

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Wed 03 May 2017, 11:42

No worries. We'll be here.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip Thu 04 May 2017, 20:36

Got on last night and hung out with some of the guys, it was nice to meet some of you folks. =)

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeshit Fri 02 Jun 2017, 09:59

Hi guy would like to join you squadron I fly all the helo's in dcs I'm in Canada central time zone

Snakeshit

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:01

Hey Snakeshit, welcome to the 229th.
Your 229th forum account has been activated. An intro letter from the brass is on the way. In the mean time set up your call sign to access this forum and TeamSpeak. Example: (A/229) Snakeshit.
Come on TeamSpeak when you can. Someone will show ya around, and hook you up with the requisite mods for our servers. Once settled in, I'll orient you to our training program. Have fun.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down