1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals?

+2
(HHC/229) Strut
(A/229) KoRn
6 posters

Go down

Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? Empty Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals?

Post by (A/229) KoRn Thu 23 Jun 2016, 08:53

Just curious if anyone plans on picking up a set of VKB's new T-rudder pedals?  I just preordered a set on Amazon and plan to list my saitek combat rudders on eBay later this week.  Some reviews on the older MK III's have been extremely positive......anyone here own a set and can provide some feedback on their performance?  I hear they fall right b/w saitek and mfg pedals as far as quality and performance.

Here's a link for those that might be interested

https://www.amazon.com/T-Rudder-Mk-IV-Flight-Simulator-Pedals-Linux/dp/B01G6GT4A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466671907&sr=8-1&keywords=T-rudder+pedals
(A/229) KoRn
(A/229) KoRn

Back to top Go down

Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? Empty Re: Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals?

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Thu 23 Jun 2016, 09:02

I have seen them , but i dont know what they are like, but  i reckon its a good quality set of pedals, well constructed and VKB has been around a long time, they make the Black Mamba  etc.

I have these http://mfg.simundza.com/products and i cant find fault with them, they are great high quality pedals.
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals? Empty Re: Anyone pre-ordering the new VKB T-Rudder MK IV pedals?

Post by (D/229) Hammer Thu 23 Jun 2016, 21:02

I agree with Strut...those pedals may be a little bit cheaper than the Crosswinds, but they are limited to what you can do with them. Perfect for helicopter sims Im sure, but if you want to fly anything else you will miss out on toe brakes. The crosswinds were well worth the wait.
(D/229) Hammer
(D/229) Hammer
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : Lots
Killed In Action: : Lots more
Slick No. of landings: : all of them

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Bearfoot Thu 23 Jun 2016, 21:21

I pre-ordered them. I've got Saitek/Failtek's for non-helo applications.

(A/229) Bearfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) KoRn Fri 24 Jun 2016, 06:24

Yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about the Mfg's.  95% of my flying is on helis but you really can't beat the $250 price-tag on a all metal construction set of rudders.  If they are even half the quality of their other hardware like the black mamba I would be stoked!  The combat rudder pedals are selling for at least $180 on eBay so I'll be using that money and a little out of pocket to flip the bill.   I've just about given up on my saitek combat rudders...its so hard to do minor inputs even on the lowest tension.  When I look at the controls display on dcs (red box in upper left hand corner) my rudders are spazing out and twitching as soon as I apply a little bit of left rudder....its frustrating because thats the only spot that does that.....which is the worst since that's the hovering sweet spot.

Last edited by (A/229) KoRn on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 06:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
(A/229) KoRn
(A/229) KoRn

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Hammer Fri 24 Jun 2016, 09:14

Well I hope they are even half as good as the crosswinds, these things are simply amazing.
(D/229) Hammer
(D/229) Hammer
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : Lots
Killed In Action: : Lots more
Slick No. of landings: : all of them

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Blade Fri 24 Jun 2016, 13:20

(A/229) KoRn wrote:When I look at the controls display on dcs (red box in upper left hand corner) my rudders are spazing out and twitching as soon as I apply a little bit of left rudder....its frustrating because thats the only spot that does that.....which is the worst since that's the hovering sweet spot.

Have you tried to fiddle with the rudder axis curve maybe, or spiking just ruins any curve setting?

(B/229) Blade
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) KoRn Fri 24 Jun 2016, 19:46

(B/229) Blade wrote:
(A/229) KoRn wrote:When I look at the controls display on dcs (red box in upper left hand corner) my rudders are spazing out and twitching as soon as I apply a little bit of left rudder....its frustrating because thats the only spot that does that.....which is the worst since that's the hovering sweet spot.

Have you tried to fiddle with the rudder axis curve maybe, or spiking just ruins any curve setting?

That's something I'll take a look at today. I like my axis' set at zero curvature but maybe a bit of curvature on the rudder axis and a good clean and grease on the pedals might smooth things out. Thanks for the tip!
(A/229) KoRn
(A/229) KoRn

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Fri 24 Jun 2016, 19:52

Increase the dead zone to get beyond the spike might be a solution
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down