1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Flight Controls Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Flight Controls EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Flight Controls EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Flight Controls EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Flight Controls EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Flight Controls EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Flight Controls EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Flight Controls EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Flight Controls EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Flight Controls EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Flight Controls

2 posters

Go down

Flight Controls Empty Flight Controls

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jun 2014, 03:48

I have shuddered at the prices of the Helo controls are available; unfortunately I lack engineering skills and I don't weld nor have a cnc mill readily available. Being a helo pilot who's flown several professional sims, I can attest that a non centering floor mounted stick with a high resolution board is the other half of a software helo with good flight dynamics. There is no comparison.

I think I am leaning towards the kimodo 350 setup, as it has plenty of buttons and a 12 bit board.

Just curious if anyone else in here is using that or a similar product and can give any advice or recommendations before I pull the trigger.

Back to top Go down

Flight Controls Empty Re: Flight Controls

Post by (C/229) Highway Sun 01 Jun 2014, 04:05

Check this post out: https://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/t759-simroom-uh-1h-controller-set

These are exactly the same controller set. I used the full set (collective, pedals and cyclic) for a few days and I enjoyed them. Good fine control, easy to set up and use within DCS, not a bad finish, but not brilliant either... but too expensive for what they provide over the modded Warthog / X52 setup that I have.

I need to find it, but I wrote a full review somewhere on the forum.

Edit Here it is

In summary, not worth the price in my opinion. I'd pay a maximum of about $600 for the complete set based on the build quality and comparison to what I have.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jun 2014, 05:11

I cant access the 2nd link for some reason. I dont necessarily need a seat and mounting setup as much as I need a cyclic, collective and pedals, although if it comes with then all the better. I couldn't find anything on the website that showed that product, other than a picture from one of the links on the thread. I remember reading that thread a while back.

If you can send me in the direction of a decent set of flight controls, I'll gladly spend the money on them. My current max budget allotted is $2000.

Mind you Im not a fool with a lot of money; this is a calculated investment decision that I saved up for. My top requirement is quality. I will also be using my sim to keep current on my IFR training in certain local areas with p3d. With the current Army budget and sporadic IFR flying we sometimes do, it really pays off.

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Sun 01 Jun 2014, 05:59

Once you've gotten access to the private parts of the forum, you'll be able to see it.

I'll chase up the mods
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jun 2014, 06:30

Thanks. I tried sending simroom an email from their contact page, explaining my budget & what I am looking for. I got done typing it and then noticed that there was no 'submit' button.

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sun 01 Jun 2014, 14:15

Hey driver, I was just reading your post and wanted to let you know that we have an IFR training map that one of our real world UH-1 instructors (Samri) created. It's very accurate and quite a challenge.  I fly it to keep my instrument technique current.  Once you get situated, go to the download files in Team Speak, I think it's still there, if not we'll get it for you.
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 02:34

I am ready to pull the trigger on the flight controls here within the next month, as I want to get started building my rig before things get too crazy at work. Does anyone know if simkits or anyone else could provide a comparable setup within my budget, or would I be better off just sticking with the Komodo setup that I was planning on?

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:05

Driver, apply for A Coy in the menus at the top of the page and you'll get to see all of our set ups and the review I did of the kit you're looking at.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down