1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Some questions Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Some questions EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Some questions EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Some questions EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Some questions EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Some questions EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Some questions EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Some questions EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Some questions EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Some questions EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Some questions

2 posters

Go down

Some questions Empty Some questions

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:07

Hi,

As I am very new to this squadron I would like to ask some questions. I hope this is the right section for that.

1. Do we have a fixed base or can the mission desinger choose where the flights for his mission will start from?
If we have a fixed base, do we have a "mission template" for it. Like a basic mission with the Hueys and some ground units allready in place, from where the mission desinger can continue on?
If not, do we need something like that?

2. How does that work with the custom liveries? I undertand that there are seprate liveries for A, B, C (and D (?)) company with seperate numbers from 1 to 4. As a mission desinger this means you would basically place 4 Huey for each company with their numbers from 1 to 4. As our companies have more than 4 pilots, what do you do if you want to include more than 4 Hueys per company per mission?

3. Sometimes there are 1st Cav Div (training-) servers online. Sometimes not. Do we have a place in the forum where it will be anounced when which server will be online?

I hope none of those questions have been asked/answered before. If they where already answered, I am sorry, I couldn't find them. Smile 

Best regards,

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Some questions Empty Re: Some questions

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:11

Hi xxJohnxx...I'll try to answer your questions for you.  

1. Yes we do have a base of operations.  We have a mission designer that has created a base (I'm not sure of the location because it is new but I believe it is around Batumi).  What I have been briefed on is that there will be two airfields located close together.  Different companies will be stationed on each of these airfields. It is my understanding that form these bases all missions will be launched.  If you’re interested in helping with mission building, get hold of Captain Skullz, he can direct you to the right person.

2. It is true that each company has its own liveries.  We try to keep the accuracy of the battalion intact.  I'm sure that if more aircraft were needed for a mission it could happen. It is my belief that all Battalion aircraft will be available for each mission.  That means that there should be 16 aircraft available at any one time (I may be wrong about this, so speaking with Captain Skullz would help clarify this discussion).

3. I am the Battalion Standards Instructor Pilot and I usually train on weekends that is why you probably see training missions some days and combat mission on other days.  For right now we only have one server so combat and training have to share.  I will usually post training missions on the calendar.  I offer training and check-rides Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Training hours are from 2100 GMT to 0500 GMT (1700 to 0100 EST).  I will normally be on Team Speak during these times so if you’re interested in training or a check-rides, find me on TS.
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 21:40

Hi flyer,

Thanks for your reply!

I heard you are good instructor ;)Unfortunatly 2300 to 5000 GMT is exactly the time i spent in my bed.
But still I look forward to flying with you once in a while.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sun 04 Aug 2013, 21:50

Jonathan, My plan is to make some adjustment for you guy's in other time zones. Until we get IP's slotted for your company, I'm your IP. I need to find out what times the Asian and European guys are available. I want to have the whole Battalion rated within three weeks so let me know when you can fly and I will adjust my schedule to take care of you guys.
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) LiveBait Mon 05 Aug 2013, 03:10

(A/229) flyer wrote: I want to have the whole Battalion rated within three weeks

Shocked  (puts on flight-suite and heads off to train)

I will get in touch with Deathmechanic about his intentions and let you know in regards to C company.
(C/229) LiveBait
(C/229) LiveBait
Major
Rated Master Aviator
Major Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 19:50

At least speaking for myselfe: I would be fine if you could start your training one, or even two hours earlier.
It's just difficult for me to be online till 2200 GMT during the week (It isn't a real problem at fridays).

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Mon 05 Aug 2013, 19:55

I usually train and do check-rides on weekends and I can make myself available at 2000 GMT this coming Friday and Saturday. Is that ok?
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 21:25

Count me in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 22:20

I really look forward to friday! I will definatelly be there.

We did some of the things you mentioned in your checkride criteria tonight, and altogheter I think we did pretty good. Although we (at least I Wink) need maybe a short brief about the traffic patern in the Huey.

I am not sure if I will make Saturday but as said, count me in on friday too!

Best regards,

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down