1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover"

+3
(HHC/229) flyer
(A/229) Griff
(A/229) BBall
7 posters

Go down

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Empty The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover"

Post by (A/229) BBall Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:05

Hey guys,

Last night was a first for me in “Cliffs of Dover”...

SIX, Flyer and myself met up in the ATAG server for some training in the He-111. Since I have no experience in the bombers, I jumped into a trusty “Emil” (Bf-109E) and we flew around while they did some training.

We then flew an actual bombing mission against the Le Harve Airfield. One of the things that Flyer and SIX did (which was a first for me to witness in “COD”), was to BOTH fly in the same machine working as a team, while I flew top cover for them.

Later in the flight, I became distracted by zooming around the Heinkel taking screenshots, and let my prop RPM get too high thus damaging my propellor governor. I ended with a dead-stick landing into a French farmer’s field.  I then decided to jump into their lone bomber as a gunner....WAY FUN!

Here are some screenshots:

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A11

During the training mission watching SIX in his Heinkel drop some ordnance.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A12

Saddling up to SIX  cruising around the training area.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A13

On final approach with SIX showing gear/flaps down. Flyer has executed a “go around”...

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A14

I’ve landed and am taxiing back toward SIX as Flyer touches down.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A15

A good look at Flyer and SIX in the same machine. Flyer is in the pilot’s seat, and SIX is prone messing around with the bombsight.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A16

SIX is now in the co-pilot’s seat.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A17

Zooming around in my -109 damaging my prop governor...lol.

====================

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" A18

After I’ve jumped into their (doomed) bomber as they attack the Le Harve Airfield. Shortly after destroying the runway, we were bounced by a Spitfire and sent crashing in a huge ball off flames!

====================

All in all, a GREAT time! I was very impressed with the teamwork that SIX and Flyer demonstrated on the Heinkel...they did a great job! We could CERTAINLY have used more fighter cover (“Herr Showtime...wo bist du?”....or in our vernacular....”WHERE THE F*CK WERE YOU?”....lol).

I think we should field a complete “Staffel” from the “229th” some night. Lots of fighters, bombers, etc.... The British won’t know what hit them!

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!
Killed In Action: : is a zillion too many times?
Slick No. of landings: : you mean the ones I walked away from?
CAS Tanks destroyed: : not many.
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : more than the tanks.
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : have no idea! were they selling beer there?

Back to top Go down

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Empty Re: The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover"

Post by (A/229) Griff Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:25

Great shots as always. I was reading the huge debate going on over at the ATAG forums regarding the sudden increase in pilot kills with the 109 cannon. Is that a bad thing?  Very Happy Team Fusion has stated there is a definite glitch and they will be updating the latest patch with a hot fix. Not sure when though. So make sure you aim for the cockpit area when firing the cannon!

S!
(A/229) Griff
(A/229) Griff

Back to top Go down

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Empty Re: The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover"

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:32

Thanks to Six and BBall...that was a blast (literally...lol). I've never had such a great time in a game before. Flying as a crew added so much to the emersion. The bombardier (Six)...had to rely on a steady hand and percsie course corrections from the pilot (me) to get ordinance on target. Having BBall in a fighter gave us the ability to get to the target without being taken out by the "bad guys". We hit the target, right down the runway (and hopefully took out a few enemy fighter in the process). Our only mistake was sticking around to admire our precision targeting and getting jumped by very angry spitfires. All in all a great time...I hope to do it again soon as BBall said above...I'd love to see a "gaggle" of 229th members involved so we can really put a "hurtin" (only Texas people know what this means...lol) on the enemy.
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:42

Missed that :/ I hate time differences.
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall Thu 27 Mar 2014, 19:43

Easy fix there Nef-erman!

MOVE TO THE USA!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall Thu 27 Mar 2014, 19:46

(A/229) Griff wrote:  I was reading the huge debate going on over at the ATAG forums regarding the sudden increase in pilot kills with the 109 cannon.  Is that a bad thing?  S!

Friggin douche bag will complain at ANYTHING it seems nowadays! They get the upper hand in the turn fighters (Spits and Hurris), and now we get an "uber cannon" and the whining begins.....LMAO!!!

(as my dear departed Dad used to say....[another Texan-ism I guess])..."they'd bitch if they hung 'em with a new rope!")

Still an INCREDIBLY great WWII flying experience.

(A/229) BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Thu 27 Mar 2014, 21:39

[/quote] I hope to do it again soon as BBall said above...I'd love to see a "gaggle" of 229th members involved so we can really put a "hurtin" (only Texas people know what this means...lol) on the enemy.[/quote]

Sounds great , if you can give some notice il try to log on .
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Fri 28 Mar 2014, 01:40

+1 I'll happily jump on this too.

I'm a fan of the Ju-87 myself, but I'll learn the 109 or the 111. Name the time and pleace, maybe some time at the weekend.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) BlackJack Fri 28 Mar 2014, 04:17

Very nice !
(B/229) BlackJack
(B/229) BlackJack
1stCavDiv Founder

No. of Flights: : 02

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Griff Fri 28 Mar 2014, 06:47

Thursday night action.....

The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_212
Saddled with Six
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_215
Overflying the radar towers
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_216
Showtime forming on my wing
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_217
Wing fire
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_218
And yes, you can dive and make them go out....but the damage is already done :-)
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_219
Showtime thinking I was a Mig-28.  And yes, I was flipping him off when he did it :-)
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_220
Showtime had just bailed out
The "229th" doing the boys proud in "Cliffs of Dover" Shot_221
And no, it ain't about the points  cheers
(A/229) Griff
(A/229) Griff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down