1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Huey Auto Pilot Status Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Huey Auto Pilot Status EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Huey Auto Pilot Status

3 posters

Go down

Huey Auto Pilot Status Empty Huey Auto Pilot Status

Post by Fakum Wed 17 May 2017, 18:19

My 1st post here, thanks for the opportunity. So I decided to jump back into the Huey after over a year for some fun and change (Currently flying the KA-50 & A-10C). I use Helios for my touch screen controls. I used to have the AutoPilot status panel exported to a section of the Helios monitor. After a lot of digging to find out why its not exporting, I find out that feature is no longer available, and if you want to view the Auto Pilot Status, you need to call up the kneeboard. Long story short, does anyone know of a work around for this so I don’t need to call up the kneeboard every time I want to glance at the status? I have tried repetitively over at the DCS forums to get an answer to this, but no replies?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184007

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Huey Auto Pilot Status Empty Re: Huey Auto Pilot Status

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Wed 17 May 2017, 18:53

Without a display as such porting the 'viewport' is not an option.

As I am sure you know Autopilot is a 'cheat' function albeit a necessary one in many situations as of course there is only one pilot - of course no switch, lamp or warning is in the cockpit.

2 options spring to mind..

If using a TM Warthog map it to the AP 3 way switch using a lua MOD. If unsure just feel the switch or glance at it will give your status. Simple and sort of realistic. The best option if you have a 3 way toggle switch.

Map the kneeboard to a momentary switch, quick on/off will give you the info on your main screen - just display it for 1/4 sec.

Move the kneeboard position to the secondary monitor and re-adjust Helios overlay to make room. You can leave it on all the time if you wish or move it to a third monitor. MODS\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua is th efile to change or use Kneeboard Builder DCS app to do it for you.

Might help...

(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakum Wed 17 May 2017, 23:05

Thank you kindly for the prompt, informative response. I have to plead ignorance regarding Auto Pilot being considered a cheat. I use the Auto pilots frequently in both the A-10C and the KA-50, both of which give me clear indication at a glance as to their status (as I'm sure you already know). The Huey offers some degree of the same, but as you already stated, there really is nothing provided to give you an indication as you mentioned. I did have it in a window in Helios before, sure made it alot easier to determining in just a glance.

Options, yes I suppose I could remap my Cougar HOTAS (was hoping that would NOT be necessary). Bringing the kneeboard up and plotting it to an open area on Helios is a great idea, but I have 2 issues with that. One is, I would like to see the map in its entirety when I call it up, not to mention changing pages. The ironic issue with that currently is that I am trying to get AlaskanGrizzley to help me fix the kneeboard location, for me, the Kneeboard will NOT pop up where I set it to be (another matter entirely ongoing on his thread). Adding a 3rd monitor,,,,, I will have to really give that some thought, cost and actual physical room to set it. Maybe I can export somehow to my IPad, I dont know.

I look at it this way, they have it exported to the dang kneeboard, I was hoping there was a way to edit a .lua file somewhere to put it elsewhere? Wishful thinking on my part. It sure was nice when it 1st came out! Someone always has to take something that works, and improve upon it and create issues LOL. Thanks for the response, you have offered a few good options, and I appreciate that sir.

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Wed 17 May 2017, 23:15

AP is only a cheat in the UH1H as there is not one in RL. A10 & KA50 both have AP systems...
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Wed 17 May 2017, 23:33

There is a mod that puts the ROE status on a notepad resting on the cockpit pedestal. Wonder if AP status could be similarly rendered.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakum Wed 17 May 2017, 23:47

(D/229) Gizzy wrote:AP is only a cheat in the UH1H as there is not one in RL.  A10 & KA50 both have AP systems...

So maybe Im missing something here? when it was 1st released, we were able to activate 3 modes as I recall, Level Flight, Orbit and something else that escaped me at the moment, and we were able to review the status. I'm not going to dispute whether or not they implemented a cheat, but what I do know is that they still provide the same visual feedback as they did before, but just moved it to the kneeboard. Now I have NOT gone in and tried to use these modes yet, but seeing that the info is still available to view, have they disabled their actual functions???? If so, why display the status?

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Gizzy Thu 18 May 2017, 01:19

The term 'cheat' is Belsimtec terminology for a modelled function that is not present in real life.

The function of AP attitude, orbit & level flight has not changed just the method of displaying current selection.
(B/229) Gizzy
(B/229) Gizzy
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakum Thu 18 May 2017, 11:11

Understood, Functional still, no other display options currently.

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Thu 18 May 2017, 11:41

BUMP

There is a mod that puts the ROE status on a notepad resting on the cockpit pedestal.  Wonder if AP status could be similarly rendered.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181260&highlight=immersive

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakum Thu 18 May 2017, 13:55

I am already exporting ROE without issue, I am wondering same as you, if we can render the AP status,,,

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakum Wed 24 May 2017, 11:18

Guess not, must be a Huey squad around somewhere that might be dabbling into this?

Fakum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down