1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Cody, interested in joining Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Cody, interested in joining EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Cody, interested in joining EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Cody, interested in joining EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Cody, interested in joining EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Cody, interested in joining EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Cody, interested in joining EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Cody, interested in joining EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Cody, interested in joining EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Cody, interested in joining EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Cody, interested in joining

5 posters

Go down

Cody, interested in joining Empty Cody, interested in joining

Post by (B/229) Cody Wed 12 Apr 2017, 14:25

Hi everybody!

I'm here cause... the Huey! Smile
I like helis in general, and planes as well, but I really love the DCS Huey with it's fantastic flight model. I've spent a few hours in the last months learning and enjoying flying the Huey. I finished the campaign, I spent some time in multiplayer, I like to fly with other people. I've found that I mostly like just flying the heli, I'm not primarly interested in combat (but I like it too).

So what I'm looking for is people to flight with (with the Huey, but maybe with other helis as well), in combat and non-combat flights. In online servers often there are very few helis flying, and it also seems to me that the Heuy is second/third class citizen there because most missions are too focused on planes, or because often the scenario is too modern for the DCS Huey, and there arent's so much interesting/useful things to do.
From various posts and videos I understood that this is the right place, isn't it?

----------------------------------------
Edit: I forgot to say, I'm from Italy.
----------------------------------------

P.S.: During registration the browser informed me that the connection isn't secure, not a good thing!

(B/229) Cody

Back to top Go down

Cody, interested in joining Empty Re: Cody, interested in joining

Post by (B/229) Cib Wed 12 Apr 2017, 14:46

Hi Cody and welcome. I will send you a welcome letter with info for joining TS and the servers etc. I am away busy with real life atm but should be back on the scene in a week or two.
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) JB Wed 12 Apr 2017, 16:15

Welcome Cody, you found the right place for the UH-1. It's our bread and butter. Look foward to meeting you on ts and flying with you on the server. If you have any questions or need any help just ask.
(D/229) JB
(D/229) JB
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Wed 12 Apr 2017, 16:56

Benvenuto

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Huckleberry Wed 12 Apr 2017, 23:11

Hello Cody, and welcome!

I totally agree with you, that helicopter flight in DCS public servers is severely under-appreciated, and publicly available helicopter missions are few, and mostly lackluster.  I think you have found a great place to spread your.. erm.. rotors, here in the 229. Smile

In regard to your P.S.:

If you got the insecure connection warning, then my guess is that it should be a common warning you receive on any (new?) site you visit which isn't SSL encrypted (like this site) (HTTP and not HTTPS), or which has an invalid SSL certificate (unlike this site).

I urge you to not be alarmed by that message.  If you are still hesitant about it at all, then I recommend setting a unique password that you only use for this website.  That way, in the off-chance that some malicious hacker would try to 'sniff' your 1stcavdiv web packets as you login from a public network or compromised private network, then only your account on this specific website would be compromised -- Not that I think that is likely to happen!

I really respect your desire for security.  Perhaps the forum will acquire an SSL cert at some point in the future. Sounds like something relevant to pass up the chain of command.

It's good to have you aboard, Sir!  I look forward to flying with ya.
(A/229) Huckleberry
(A/229) Huckleberry
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cody Thu 13 Apr 2017, 22:10

Thanks to all. Grazie :-)

I'm happy to be with you, I'm looking forward to share the sky with other (virtual)pilots and helicopters (I'm only virtual, unfortunately).

About the secure connection:
Thank you Huckleberry for your explanation and your good advice (yes, I have a different -possibly random- password for each website, and a good password manager too Wink...).
Firefox notified that the connection was not encrypted, it is very strange nowadays to find an unencrypted login. I'm a software developer, so I understand, for the users the risk is (relatively) small, but for admins it is more dangerous, an (improbable) attack could compromise the whole forum. If a certificate is an affordable cost it would be a good thing Smile

(B/229) Cody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down