1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
need help unistalling this f'd up mod Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
need help unistalling this f'd up mod EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

need help unistalling this f'd up mod

+3
(B/229) NeF
(C/229) Highway
(HHC/229) Strut
7 posters

Go down

need help unistalling this f'd up mod Empty need help unistalling this f'd up mod

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 06:17

i download this desert profile, and now all my shit is screwed, i mean screwed, it says its the file 229 desert, i cant edit it, i cant delete it, says i have no permissions, ive uninstalled dcs re-installed it and this file that i cant edit or delete is still preventing dcs to run.  when i go to make myself permissions for it, it says denied by 229 something blah blah blah and disapears.  So whomever put a block owner from this file please let me know how the fuck to get rid of it,  i found it in dcs mods.

thanks

Back to top Go down

need help unistalling this f'd up mod Empty Re: need help unistalling this f'd up mod

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Sat 27 Sep 2014, 06:55

Be damned if id help any one talking to me like that.
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

need help unistalling this f'd up mod Empty Re: need help unistalling this f'd up mod

Post by (C/229) Highway Sat 27 Sep 2014, 08:58

jake1/7cav wrote:i download this desert profile, and now all my shit is screwed, i mean screwed, it says its the file 229 desert, i cant edit it, i cant delete it, says i have no permissions, ive uninstalled dcs re-installed it and this file that i cant edit or delete is still preventing dcs to run.  when i go to make myself permissions for it, it says denied by 229 something blah blah blah and disapears.  So whomever put a block owner from this file please let me know how the fuck to get rid of it,  i found it in dcs mods.

thanks

In the interests of trying to point you in the right direction despite your attitude.

I personally created the Complete Desert conversion Mod and I did not create any permission structures on the files and more to the point, the files are simply textures so there is nothing in them that would modify your system. There are some database files contained for Beczl's units that are included in the 229th version. You have however stated that you un-installed DCS, which when re-installed should overwrite the files that it doesn't recognize if you cleaned up the installation directory (provided that you are using a legitimate DCS installer and not a cracked copy).

If after an uninstall you still can't remove these files, it has nothing to do with the mod itself and I would suggest that you have bigger issues with your Windows installation to consider and should run a good anti virus scanner over your computer. You could however also try installing DCS into a new directory.

Finally, can I ask who gave you the 229th version of this file as it was only provided directly to internal members of the 229th and was never intended for anybody outside of our group. Maybe you should ask them for help.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:54

Wow, just wow.. Jake next time don't expect any help dude, are you only a kid or just a big douche?
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:33

Nef, my vote is that he is both an only child and a DOUCHE. He obviously knows nothing about computers and there systems. There are many of us using this mod with no troubles. The fact that he can't remove it denotes, as Highway said that Mr Jake has deeper computer isssues, but chooses to blame the 1st Cav for his lack of computer savy. It would be a shame if Jake (not from State Farm), had to reinstall his whole operating system. lol!
Good luck with that.
P.S. Maybe next time it would be wiser to be a little more kind with your words and you may have gotten some kind help. As they say "you reap what you sow", if you understand that saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Razorback Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:31

Why is it that there are still people out there who don't understand that you have to show a little common courtesy on a forum to get you some help with your issue? Respect to Highwayman for even reaching out to him. If it was for me, Jake could sit on it and rotate.
(B/229) Razorback
(B/229) Razorback
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sat 27 Sep 2014, 18:49

Is this Jake from State Farm...she sounds hideous...She's a little boy
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229)Samri Sat 27 Sep 2014, 19:25

The silence is deafening....
No actually, it's quite pleasant!
Embarassed
(C/229)Samri
(C/229)Samri
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) LiveBait Sun 28 Sep 2014, 00:35

C'mon fellas, your being a little mean. Look at what you've done to him.

need help unistalling this f'd up mod Tantru10
(C/229) LiveBait
(C/229) LiveBait
Major
Rated Master Aviator
Major Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sun 28 Sep 2014, 03:23

Poor little thing...now I feel bad...help that little boy/girl get his mods un-F**ked...what say ye highway...
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum