1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Expected Participation for Leadership Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Expected Participation for Leadership EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Expected Participation for Leadership

Go down

Expected Participation for Leadership Empty Expected Participation for Leadership

Post by (HHC/229) Skullz Sat 28 Dec 2013, 23:34

Gentlemen,

I have always liked the idea of being part of a virtual group that did not require a certain amount of time vested to stay a part of the group. I don't plan to change that for line pilots. However, once you accept a leadership role you will be expected to participate throughout the week, on teamspeak, flying missions, and checking the forums. I don't want to put a number on it but you know when you have  been participating and when you haven't. I don't think this will be a problem, but I just thought I should post it somewhere for prospective leaders to know before accepting the role, if offered. Also, I will outline what each position is responsible for. This list is not all inclusive but it's a basic idea of the responsibilities.

Also, if you are in a leadership position and you find yourself not capable of meeting the expected responsibilities because of any life issues that may arise, please let Headquarters know your situation. If necessary we will either place you on leave and select an interim to temporarily take your place, or if needed replace you all together.

The following is a basic list, not all inclusive, of the general duties of each position:

Battalion Commander

The Battalion CO is responsible for the overall operations of the group, to include all companies and all members. The Battalion CO will oversee the day to day operations of the battalion and make final decisions for any changes to the website, methods of operation, leadership positions, etc. The battalion CO will also mediate any disputes between members when all other leaders have not be able to resolve the issues.

Battalion Executive Officer

The Battalion XO will assist the Battalion CO with all of his duties as needed. In addition, the Battalion XO will be responsible for ensuring that all companies are operating efficiently and effectively. The XO will be the acting CO in the CO's absence.

Battalion Standards Instructor

The Battalion Standards Instructor will develop and maintain flight standards and insure that all instructor pilots are maintaining standards within their respective companies. He will also assist the Battalion CO and XO with their duties as needed. The Batallion SP will be the acting XO or acting CO in the their absence.

Company Commander

The Company Commander will be responsible for accepting members into their group on the website, assisting new members with logging onto teamspeak, sever, and ensuring they are progressing with in the group. The Company Commander will also oversee the day to day operations of their company and ensure that missions are being flown regularly. The Company Commander is also responsible for tracking awards recommendations and issuing awards for each of their members. The Company Commander is also responsible for promoting members based on performance, participation, and the needs of the battalion.

Company Executive Officer

The Company Executive Officer will ensure that missions are being scheduled on a regular basis and assist the CO with his duties as required. The XO will be the acting CO in the CO's absence.

Platoon Leader

The Platoon leader is responsible for the day to day operations of their platoon. They will ensure pilots under their charge are preparing themselves for check rides and ensuring they are informed of any changes to the group and are aware and available for any missions that come up.
(HHC/229) Skullz
(HHC/229) Skullz
Lt Col
Battalion Commanding Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Lt Col Battalion Commanding Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum