1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Dusty looking to drop in! Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Dusty looking to drop in! EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Dusty looking to drop in!

2 posters

Go down

Dusty looking to drop in! Empty Dusty looking to drop in!

Post by (C/229) Dusty Thu 26 Mar 2020, 18:45

Hey all!

My name's Alex, I'm 28 from Australia.

Long time simmer doing everything from tubeliners and GA on FSX/VATSIM to Falcon BMS and jets in DCS. I've always been a massive rotor head and these days 90% of my simming time is taken up by DCS helo's. I've flown the UH-1 since it was first released and also got the Gazelle a while ago but finally the flood gates broke and I got the Mi8 and KA50 a few months ago. I had never flown a non-western aircraft until I got the Mi8 - I was pretty apprehensive getting into this weird blue cockpit that looked something like the moon lander with all those switches but it has quickly become my number 1.

I think my favourite mission set in DCS would have to be CSAR/Medevac ops with Attack/recon coming in a close second.

I saw Space Cadets post on the ED forums today and after checking out the 229th I really liked the ethos you guys have! I'm a laid back guy who loves a casual environment but a good balance of challenge and realism is what keeps the spark alive!

Looking forward to flying with you all!

Cheers
Dusty

(C/229) Dusty

Back to top Go down

Dusty looking to drop in! Empty Re: Dusty looking to drop in!

Post by (D/229) Flubber Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:45

Hi Dusty

Welcome to the 229th! Space Cadet is C Company Commander and you are smack bang in his time-zone so I dare say he' ll contact you directly to introduce himself. The C Company guys are a friendly bunch and you'll find a warm welcogme within their ranks. However, ic you're willing to stay up late/early there are lots of opportunities to fly the A Company (US) and B Company (Europe).

The instructors and Admin guys all monitor this page very closely so rest assured that one of them will be along shortly to get you all enlisted and help you get setup ready to attack the big blue sky… :-)

In the meantime, below is a link to our Discord channel where we all hang out every day and link up to plan a flight or just chew the fat.
It’s also the best place to get all the help you need to get setup to fly on our servers. So join up soon and come say hello… definitely don’t be shy, as I said we’re all a very friendly bunch.

https://discord.gg/TdWPry

Also, you’ll have a few things to set up to get on our servers but below is a link to the 229th Wiki page where you will find all the information you could ever ask about the 229th and getting all set up.

http://avimator.net/229wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Look forward to having a fly with you very soon mate,

Rich (AKA B|D 229 Flubber)
B Compnay "Commander"

(D/229) Flubber
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : LOTS
Killed In Action: : Also lots
Slick No. of landings: : Less than many
CAS Tanks destroyed: : Frequently
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : Very frequently
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : Impossible to destroy bunkers!

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Space Cadet Thu 26 Mar 2020, 21:37

Welcome Dusty, as you are located in the best part of the world you have correctly assigned yourself to C Company (Aust. / N.Z.) along with all the “Best Looking Pilots” in the 229th…

I've PM'ed you on discord to start the conversation, so hopefully we can catch up tomorrow and get you airborne.

Ava Good'n Mate..

(C/229) Space Cadet
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down