1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Unit Trainers "UT" Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Unit Trainers "UT" EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Unit Trainers "UT"

Go down

Unit Trainers "UT" Empty Unit Trainers "UT"

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX Wed 07 Dec 2016, 01:32

I will be making a change to the company training officers.  The unit trainers will no longer be a rank but a designation.  The ATM describes a unit trainer as the following:

UNIT TRAINER
1-39.
The UTs are responsible for the following:
-Instruct in specialized areas of training.
-Assist in unit training programs and in achieving established training goals.
-Must be a PC or a NCM.  

UTs are typically mature Warrant Officers who have been selected and trained to give specific training and evaluations within the company.  

Within the 229th the UTs will be selected based off of the company commanders and IPs recommendations.  They will be members that have a comprehensive level of understanding of the aviation knowledge that we teach within the 229th.  229th UTs will be allowed to give basic check rides to new members and will help supervise the PCs -- i.e. "members with wings" with training of new members.  UTs will be held to a higher standard and will be prepared for periodic check rides.  The goal of these rides will be to insure standardization of training and to help expand and training and knowledge the UTs.  

What does this mean for the current UTs?
Members who have been currently selected to be training officers will be given the designation of UT.  The officer ranks i.e. 2LT and above within the 229th are specifically for leadership positions.  For those of you who are not interested in the leadership role and just want the challenge of helping the IPs with evaluating and training, you will be made a Warrant officer once again and given a UT designation.  Those of you who are interested in the leadership aspect don't worry we will find you a leadership position, i.e. platoon leader, CO and whatnot.  There are plenty of leadership positions available within the 229th.  Officers can still be UTs but UTs do not need to be officers.

The IPs within the 229th need help with evaluating new members and thus we have started this UT program.  Notice I said evaluating.  The primary trainers of the unit are still PCs or pilots in command.  In the case of the 229th we are talking about the guys with basic or senior wings.  If you have wings or mission quals then you can help train new members at any time.  The IPs and UTs, much like the real Army, are here to evaluate and help standardize.  Basically we give the tests and make sure we are training to a standard.   In the case of the IPs in the 229th we also bring real world rotor wing experience into the mix.

If you guys have questions or concerns hit me up.
Thanks for the help for those of you have taken on this new role.  Also expect a check ride in early spring when I get back Very Happy
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down