1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :)

5 posters

Go down

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) Empty DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :)

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:28

Now that I have a better rig and moving onto other rotary airframes .....

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 26228982270_27de80e35b_b

This one I got back with the enemy destroyed and the engines cut out 2m above the runway and I landed just fine Smile

Anyway I digress..... I had another look at Capt Zeen’s Helios as against the Hogtouch variant Ikarus for my usage.

I found that Capt Zeen’s profiles for the Mi8 and more importantly the Ka-50 with the display screens really do make a difference to my flight enjoyment with my layout which is 3 screens - 2 vertically stacked for DCS and repeater instruments, and 1 off to the side for TS, Notes, Web, Manual etc...

Exporting of viewports is really required for the Ka50 screens and requires me setting DCS to a resolution of 1920 x 2160 with the GUI set at 1920 x 1080 - this does cause a few problems with the sizing of the control indicators as these are based in the lua files as a function of the DCS resolution rather than the GUI...

Using some pointers from Hawkeye, for my 2 monitor vertically stacked confis with DCS set at 1920 x 2160, I modified the lua files for the Huey, Ka50 & Mi8 to place the control indicator at the bottom left of the top monitor, sized appropriately and the indicators transparent background removed... Just my taste that's all..

I have them in JSGME compatible folder structures here if anyone  wants to use them... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FaeRwacSmPYmdDYnRvYlJRZDQ/view?usp=sharing

If you are using the export of additional viewports to cover the EKRAN etc... then change CaptZeens MOD form 'aircrafts' to 'aircraft' for JSGME....

Here's the figures for monitor setup for 2 stacked 1920x1080's..

Code:
_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2_monitors_KA50');
Description = 'Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

--MAIN GAME VIEWPORT TOTAL SIZE AN ASPECT
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 16/9;
     }
}

--SHKIVAL
LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 4;
     y = 1081;
     width = 815;
     height = 657;
}

-- PVI800
MFCD_03 =
{
x = 15;
y = 1760;
width = 240;
height = 100;
}

--abris
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 1330;
     y =1081;
     width = 590;
     height = 844;
}

MFCD_04 =
{
x = 1180;
y = 2070;
width = 100;
height = 60;
}

--UV26
MFCD_05 =
{
   x = 925;
   y = 1625;
   width = 150;
   height = 60;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Capt Zeen is working on a Huey profile and hopefully this will be out soon...  There is a lot of work in these... he has a 'donate' button on his website http://www.captzeen.com/helios/index.asp - if you like and use them, maybe consider some beer money... Smile

Below are some pics that may make some sense of this and 2 videos, 1 KA50 & 1Mi8 demonstrating Capt Zeens profiles in use with 2 screens - both monitors are 1920x1080 but remember in RL, the top one is 32” and the lower one 24”

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 26501829805_4366187fd6_b

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 25896943714_a63ae90459_b

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 26435729591_fb445ea7c3_b

Back to top Go down

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) Empty Re: DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :)

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 21:21

Capt Zeen has released the Helios profile for the Uh-1H today, and it works a treat.... Many screens including the collective and all switches work, the gauge needles are so smooth and all graphics are just so professional.

I use use his profiles and Helios for the Ka50 & Mi8 and change to IKARUS for the Huey... but this necessitates a change of export.lua and restart of DCS...

Now, Huey, Mi8 & Ka50 are interchangeable at will.

Here is a quick video... mind my set-up is 2 screens one above the other, 32" top for DCS and 24" lower for helios...  I do use a 3rd for TS manuals and stuff but that's not really relevant...

Profile and info can be got here...http://captzeen.com/helios/index.asp

Might be useful for some....

If you want help in set-up just shout, it is simplistic...

Back to top Go down

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) Empty Re: DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :)

Post by (C/229)Samri Sun 08 May 2016, 23:17

Finally - thought this would never happen.

Spent ages learning how to set up the A10 with eyefinity (3 x 24) plus a 4th (24) helios screen.
Ended up just going back to 3 screens for Huey.
It will probably take me a month of Sundays figuring out how to set it all back up again for the Huey,
but it will be worth it. (I really should take notes!!)

Thanks for the post Gizzy.

(C/229)Samri
(C/229)Samri
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Bandit 89 Mon 09 May 2016, 03:02

Great news. Looking forward to trying this.
(A/229) Bandit 89
(A/229) Bandit 89

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) LiveBait Mon 09 May 2016, 04:47

Ive been waiting for this too. Thanks Gizzy
(C/229) LiveBait
(C/229) LiveBait
Major
Rated Master Aviator
Major Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 May 2016, 07:29

For all 3 of these profiles, a edited keyboard default.lua is required to implement all the unassigned controls for each airframe.

Here is a zipped files with the current keyboard lua's in a folder tree for JSGME implementation for all 3 airframes...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FaeRwacSmPUWpzRWtHcnlNRzA/view?usp=sharing

Additionally I tweak the control indicator for all 3 as well, remove the red background and reposition, these JMSGE tweaks are also inside in case you want to use them...

This pic will explain it better...

All works for 2OA, 1.5B & 1.5

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 26813857352_e460a5bd5d_b

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229)Samri Mon 09 May 2016, 08:06

Cheers mate!!
(C/229)Samri
(C/229)Samri
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Wed 11 May 2016, 01:35

Thanks for sharing the leg work Gizzy.
Check out the File structure for the Huey keyboard default.lua package.
Appears to be a case error for one of the "UH-1H" folders.

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 13:44

Cheers Chic,
I'm in the boonies with occasional cafe wi-fi....this week ... Post fix if you can....

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic Wed 11 May 2016, 16:17

Gizzy's HELIOS Uh-1H JSGME mod has typo in file structure.  The error, it appears, stems from the original author's offering.  So don't hang Gizzy.

Correct structure is as follows:   Mods>aircraft>Uh-1H>input>UH-1H>keyboard.

Thanks again Gizzy

(A/229) Chic
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 11:05

I know that some had difficulties in getting some rotaries and toggle switches to work.

I've had time to look a little further.

The rotary switches need to be clicked (or touched) in an area bottom right and bottom left of the rotary image, and then all will work fine with the rotary switch animated within Helios.

As I understand it all switches are passed from Helios to DCS via keyboard commands.  The keyboard/default.lua adds extra keyboard commands for functions not already assigned to keyboard commands in the native Huey install rather than 'MOD' extra commands as in say, the 229th Huey MODDED files.

Of course, with Windows many countries have  different keyboard layouts.  Capt Zen has tried to cater for this but in some cases you may find some switches not working.

For me, the Navigation lights toggle worked for 'off' but not for 'steady' nor 'flash'

It's an easy fix.

Check you have the correct keyboard/default.lua installed with JSGNE.

Fire up DCS and Helios and pop into DCS controls.  

Activate the Helios switch that is not working.  

Check nothing is highlighted (already assigned).  

Move the switch to off or a different position.  

In DCS controls double click the keyboard control for the switch  function.  

Activiate the switch, the control keys issued by Helios for that switch will show, check no duplication and save.  

Job done.

Here's a quick video visually explaining my above ramblings.

Any issues, shout...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 15:22

It may be of interest to some that I have repositioned & resized the kneeboard to my second monitor within Helios. (DCS on main monitor above a smaler monitor running Helios.)

To this you edit DCS World\Scripts\aircraft\_Common\CockpitViewportHandling.lua.  This is not in the Mods folder so will not naturally work with JSGME but is easy to manually apply.

You change line 29 thus...

Code:
-- dedicated_viewport  = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}
    dedicated_viewport  = {1327,1081,590,850}

Edited file can be downloaded here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FaeRwacSmPelZPYWZkWHpDMWM/view?usp=sharing

Again a simple illustrative video...

Works fine with Helios with Ka50, Huey & Mi8...

Might be of use to some..

and with the same monitor setup for the Gazelle...

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 27074061245_f703c74fe7_b

DCS, Helios, EDIT: AND NOW THE HUEY :) 27005673221_6174752a42_b

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:33

Hi Gizzy, I wonder if you can find some time to help me set up my redundant 2nd monitor now I have gone all big telly. I have a 40" HDTV @1920x1080 and a 24" Dell monitor @1920x1200 which I love dearly it has seen me through a lot. I dont think there are any gauges from the huey I would need but the Gazelle and Hip have things it would be cool to have on a 2nd screen.
Hope to see you soon
Cib
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:45

(B/229) Cib wrote:Hi Gizzy, I wonder if you can find some time ...
Cib

Any time Capt.. PM if you wish to arrange something...

Helios is good if you want the whole screen & all Instruments & all switches & variable panels...

Ikarus  and is good too but easier to config if you want just a few instruments positioned where you want them and still leave desktop space on the 2nd screen for TS or maps etc....

Example for the Huey, VSI, ASI Compass are perfect to have on say the side edge of you 2nd monitor if positioned horizontal... leaves load of space and always in peripheral view no matter where TRIR is..

Whatever, just shout...

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) LiveBait Fri 24 Jun 2016, 09:09

This thread may come in handy for helios users making a profile for the gazelle and looking for additional key binds. I suggest putting them in a new category (i use one called 'Modded') as it makes it easier to distinguish them from any new binds polychop may put in.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168377
(C/229) LiveBait
(C/229) LiveBait
Major
Rated Master Aviator
Major Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down