1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Damn saiteks Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Damn saiteks EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Damn saiteks EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Damn saiteks EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Damn saiteks EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Damn saiteks EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Damn saiteks EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Damn saiteks EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Damn saiteks EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Damn saiteks EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Damn saiteks

4 posters

Go down

Damn saiteks Empty Damn saiteks

Post by (B/229) NeF Sun 29 Sep 2013, 16:42

I know you guys in general have awesome joysticks, even often made more awesome by fine customising.
But I just wanted to share some thoughts about saitek and their joysticks, because I still hear too much people that wants to buy their products, and too much complaints after.
Knowing lots of people using saiteks (from x45 to x65), myself included till a couple of months ago, everybody of us (means 5 people at least) noticed the same axis (rudder, AKA joy_RZ) to fail after a short time (a year, maybe 3 years for the luckiest of us). After some research I did at the time I read that the potentiometer was especially made in a more flimsy manner so that it breaks almost for sure. What does one desperate simmer do ? He buys... pedals!
Of course, at least here, only saitek sell pedals, and not cheap, just reasonably cheaper than a new joy. Pure coincidence.
I didnt talk about the sloppy responses after some time, the sliders that jump all over the place, the very bad quality of the plugs/cables, the thin cheap plastic feeling, and I can go on.... but please guys.......... don't buy saitek, and don't recommend them to a friend that wants to start simming, they will soon hate you and buy train simulator.
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Damn saiteks Empty Re: Damn saiteks

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 18:30

I considered buying their X65 - then realized the TM Warthog was cheaper. Ive had great success with their pedals though, but I will state that Saitek has gone the way of Wal Mart quality -AKA Madkatz in the Xbox 360 aisle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 19:13

I hate their stuff too its just so cheap and plastic even though i have some of their stuff.

Which is a shame really cause they could be so good with a little more thought and better insides.

They sell it in a nice box with all bells and whistles but when you actually open the device up and see what's been used inside its just garbage tuppence farthing pots and what have you soldering is pretty shoddy to and considering what you pay for it the price should be halved.

But here in the EU you do get a manufacturers warranty of 6 years for manufacture failure standard on anything you purchase a little EU directive the stores don't want you to know cause they like to sell their extended warranty.

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Retro-Burn Sun 29 Sep 2013, 20:25

The pedals are still top notch. I never have issues with them
(D/229) Retro-Burn
(D/229) Retro-Burn
Warrant Officer 1
Rated Aviator
Warrant Officer 1 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 21:22

(A/229) Retro-Burn wrote:The pedals are still top notch. I never have issues with them
Nor me yet but they are beginning to bind a little so its time to open them up and lube them i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Mon 30 Sep 2013, 00:59

Im glad you talking about lubing pedals there McCoy, i was  little worried at first glance........What a Face
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Mon 30 Sep 2013, 02:42

Whilst I somewhat agree with the post and my built in twist rudder controls of the X52 are also dead, everything else is spot on.

Overall, I've had a positive experience with my Saitek pedals and my current, heavily modified X52 that I use purely for Helicopters. The X52 has been going strong now for nearly 7 years (although I must admit my first one died within 6 months, and they replaced it), but with a little care and maintenance they seem to last pretty well. Sounds like you've had a poor experience NeF
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:51

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with my Saitek stuff also. I've had some issues with it but some meddling with it fixed most of them.

BTW, my twist grip also doesn't work but that was a side-effect of my experiments with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Sun 23 Feb 2014, 21:04

I'll not start ranting again Wink
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down