1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc

3 posters

Go down

A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc Empty A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 20:52

It happened this morning haven't been playing for the last few days due to work overload.

And this is whats happened, powered up this morning in the usual way grabbed a cuppa sat down and logged in the first thing I notice is an icon popped up on 1 of my many screens something to do with SRS sound don't even know what it is or where it is on my pc.
And then I notice my internet icon on the task bar is hanging which is strange as the misses was online no problems so I think oh well may be an update coming through or something.

So I sit and wait maybe 10 mins and its still hanging grrrr click on it a couple of times nothing then all of a sudden it kicked in and said the update had been successful of Nvidia HD audio 1.5 never seen that before now.

So I clicked ok and then my screens went all the colours of the rainbow till they faded to black.

I am right now at a complete loss of what to do having spent the whole day taking out cards swapping around slots clearing all drivers of Nvidia and still nothing even If I do a clean install of Nvidia drivers as soon as I switch on I get as far as the desk top and then the screens change colours and nothing have to reset.

Its not the screens I have eliminated those as I do have one DVI port on my MB which I tried all the screens in seperatly and they all work fine so it has to be something to with the drivers or something of Nvidia I just don't know.

And before I get really mad and take a hammer to it and smash it into a million pieces help an old man out especially an old man that only remembers how to work a ZX81.

Back to top Go down

A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc Empty Re: A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 21:03

post a screenshot? maybe snap a picture or something. SRS is high definition audio for windows media player. Nvidia HD audio is integrated with newer video cards as well, there could be a HD audio jack on your card. Quite honestly though, it sounds as if your video card went to hell...might be time to invest in a new one, but Id need to see what exactly your computer screen looks like.

Back to top Go down

A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc Empty Re: A little help needed from anyone that knows their way around a pc

Post by (C/229) Highway Wed 18 Sep 2013, 21:33

Mate that's a shame.

No promises, but a quick google search has turned up a few results to do with something called ASCR (ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio) on some newer ASUS monitors and a conflict with an NVidia power saving function that causes a fade to black. I don't even know if you're using ASUS monitors, but hey, it seems to fit the symptoms...

All of the posts state that it happened after updating their NVidia drivers. They say that disabling ASCR in the monitors on screen settings fixes the problem.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) LiveBait Wed 18 Sep 2013, 22:59

Cant help you, but hope its nothing serious! C Company is missing it gunship. Hope to see you in the air soon mate.
(C/229) LiveBait
(C/229) LiveBait
Major
Rated Master Aviator
Major Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 06:59

Thanks guys.

@ Hitman the card is new only 6 months old and its the bloody 690 which was not cheap.

@ Highwayman no I have Samsung monitors but I will check if I have those settings anywhere in the monitors just in case.

@ LiveBait sorry bud grounded for maintenance.

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Thu 19 Sep 2013, 07:26

The other threads about the fade to black all state that the only way to clean the buggered nvidia drivers is to do a windows restore to a point in time before. Have you tried going back to your last restore point before these Audio drivers installed themselves?
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 09:30

Just because its a 690 doesnt mean the card cant go bad. All likelihood, its a driver issue, but I doubt it...about the only way to make for certain would be to test the card on another computer. You can remove and take it to a computer shop to test it out if its good or bad. A card thats expensive, worth the extra money to have an actual professional look at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:51

All sorted fellas apparently I didn't have the card installed properly from day 1, it shipped with some wires which I should've used they were red and the main plug which went into the female on the card has 8 pins and theres 2 of them and off each plug there are 2 tails which have 2 more plugs female with 6 pins on each which then receive the power supplied from the PSU wires.
It must've been under powered now I am getting 70+ fps as opposed to 20 - 30 fps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:52

All sorted fellas apparently I didn't have the card installed properly from day 1, it shipped with some wires which I should've used they were red and the main plug which went into the female on the card has 8 pins and theres 2 of them and off each plug there are 2 tails which have 2 more plugs female with 6 pins on each which then receive the power supplied from the PSU wires.
It must've been under powered now I am getting 70+ fps as opposed to 20 - 30 fps.

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:57

Lol, mate that's a gem. Glad you're up and running, just don't forget to plug the computer into the wall Wink
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:19

I was going to suggest if it was a power issue. Many people have been caught out upgrading their graphic cardss and going to multi-monitors without realising their old PSU can't provide the wattage to the new power hungry graphics cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 16:22

(B/229) GreyKnight wrote:I was going to suggest if it was a power issue. Many people have been caught out upgrading their graphic cardss and going to multi-monitors without realising their old PSU can't provide the wattage to the new power hungry graphics cards.
You're right Grey but I did check before I bought it with the supplier and they said no need to upgrade my power supply its more than capable.

Just my pig headed ignorance when it comes to reading instructions ( I am a man darling its 4 pieces of wood and a bag of screws how hard can it be.......4 hours later darling wheres those instructions again)

Seems those wires were needed for the extra power I suppose it stands to reason as it is 2 cards in 1 which must equate to more power needed.

Strange how it was working before without those weird, good job I kept them too.

SHOUT TO SELF MUST REMEBER TO READ INSTRUCTIONS FULLY BEFORE PROCEDING WITH ANYTHING.

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Fang Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:48

Thats great news McCoy, see you tonight
(C/229) Fang
(C/229) Fang
Captain
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down