1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

January 2023
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB

+4
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) Razorback
8 posters

Go down

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Empty B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 10:38

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB

Hey I’m keen but realising that everyone has RL issues to deal with not to mention family obligations, so how does the Company move forward.

Not wishing to step on the toes of the new Officers but I was bored this morning and gave this a little thought - here’s a few ideas to mull over.... If you wish.... Take what you want, if any....

Consider establishing maybe 3 formal regular company sessions... Perhaps...

------------------------------------------------
Individual Flight Qualification Training.

It my mind, it would be good have a simplistic PDP (personal development plan) for each qualification in a given airframe for those who want to engage.

Break down each of the tasks required for a qualification.

Once a week schedule a formal time slot for personal task mentoring for those who want it.

Usual stuff, demonstrate, then practice and mentor each stage until the ticks are in the box - once all the ticks are complete, call in the assessors and get the qualification validated.  If no suitable qualified mentor available from B Coy on a scheduled night maybe a qualified pilot from A or C can stand in - arranged in advance.

Of course training / mentoring can be carried out at any time as well but a defined slot allows people to forward plan.

YOU NEED:
A CO-ORDINATOR
MENTORS / INSTRUCTORS
A PUBLISHED SCHEDULE
PDP

Operational Training

Once a week schedule a formal time slot for

Simplistic plug & Play Missions

Design a flexible multi mission training area with multiple areas of varying enemy activity intensity  

Create written briefings with sensible appropriate intelligence information.  

Universe Radio to be used.

Comms to be formal.  Recruit a live role player on an U. Ext Radio for realism if possible.

Total mission times to be relatively short, say 1 hour to 1.5 hours

Can be run as single ship, flights or multiple flights depending on the number of pilots who turn up.

Leadership skills will develop.

All flight should aim to encompass good airmanship as defined in SOP’s,

Each mission should aim to have an emphasis on honing a particular skill set, for example Navigation, Bad Weather, Night Time, Communications, Formation HOT landings, TO’s.... And of course hauling trash,

A de-brief session immediately after the mission to identify Coy / Flight / Pilot training needs

Of course these types of missions can be carried out at any time as well but a defined slot allows people to forward plan to attend and manage.

YOU NEED
A CO-ORDINATOR
A SCHEDULE
A LEAD FOR THE MISSION
A TRAINING AREA
A DEBRIEF

Ad hoc FUN

Introduce Fun time - after a mission or a training session perhaps, at random spontaneous times.

Informal man v man quick tasks, (often fast & stupid but non the less skill building) in a laid back competitive spirit, banter to be high, informal, you know the looser has to drink a glass of american beer as a penance stuff...  Encourage A,B, HHCC, D staff to duels, if they have the courage... (once we get a wee bit better..that is)

YOU NEED
A sense of humour, spontaneous creativity and a tadge of devilment or evil intent.

B COY MISSIONS
-----------------------------------------------

A full mission involving all the company and possibly the battalion.

YOU NEED
EVERYONE

WHO’LL DO THE WORK ???

Personally, I’m a taker with regard to Flight Training but certainly can do a co-ordination role.

On the Operational Training I reckon I could pick the brains of SIX and HAWKEYE and a few others and come up with an suitable training area mission with flexible taskings and associated stuff such as Intel, Maps etc...  I’vbe read Chickenhawk that many times coupled with a good dose of heli deployments in another life I reckon I have enough ideas.... And if a feedback loop is kept in place from briefings - it should naturally evolve.

On the Ad HOC fun side, I’ll be the source of everyone s laughter...

On the Big Missions - out of my league. Completely.

IS IT COMPLICATED

No, keep it simple, everyones heard of the KISS bind it with SMART principles and its done, well sort of....

Just a few thought lads...... discard or use anything that might be good.

Last edited by (B/229) Gizzy on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Empty Re: B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB

Post by (B/229) Razorback Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:18

Wow Gizzy, very impressive. I absolutely love your way of thinking.

What we need for this to even more shine is multicrew cockpits, which are unfortunately still a thing for the future. When the instructor and pilot actually sit both in the same airframe it would be so much more realistic to give training. Until than we have to use what we currently have.

We should definitly work this out further.

Oh, and keep up cooking up more ideas, you are on a roll here Smile
(B/229) Razorback
(B/229) Razorback
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Empty Re: B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB

Post by (B/229) Cib Sat 16 Jan 2016, 12:24

Here is an idea I had, forgive me if we already have a steam group that I am unaware of but I created one in the hope that things will be easier to organise for impromtu sessions.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/229AHB
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) NeF Sat 16 Jan 2016, 13:43

Cib, there is already one, look for "229th Assault Helicopter Battalion"
(B/229) NeF
(B/229) NeF
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Killed In Action: : At least a six pack

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Sat 16 Jan 2016, 15:02

Thanks my friend I will decomission the one I created Embarassed
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Sat 16 Jan 2016, 15:22

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/229th

Thats the official group FYI Smile
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX Sat 16 Jan 2016, 15:39

I like some of these ideas. I would also recommend we use the PM system & TS to develop some of these ideas instead of open posting. If bravo company leadership comes up with a training plain or a new way of training let me know and we can review it. As the Battalion standardization pilot I oversea the training of all the companies. I would also recommend we get some basic qualifications done on Bravo pilots so that we have a basic understanding of US army aviation and the 229th wings & training process.
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 12:35

PM drew a blank so.... a formal request..

..... with the biggest of ...

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Img-thing?

.. and good intentions...

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB 25033487841_b23a41f626_b

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Fri 19 Feb 2016, 15:15

Nice one Gizzy Smile
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Xtra Fri 19 Feb 2016, 17:52

Today I finished my instructor course and will be able to do regular training sessions again on thursday evenings 1800 gmtish.
(D/229) Xtra
(D/229) Xtra
Major
Company Commander
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major Company Commander Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 18:11

I hope all went well for you today Xtra..

Your offer is really appreciated, thank you...

Any view on point 6 above ? (just above the coffee stain)... in case there is a green flag from the OC & SIX...

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX Sat 20 Feb 2016, 02:04

Add radio training to your list and I am down. I should be free most Thursdays around 1800 GMT.
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer Sat 20 Feb 2016, 03:06

I try not to interfere internationally but I want to chime in that I really think you guys are doing a great job.
(HHC/229) flyer
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:48

Sounds like the ball is rolling Cool
I can offer navigation sessions as thats what I am most geeky in. Like my autorotations I may need to make sure my knowledge is suitable to pass on to others with a chat to the IP's. I am a purist though so kneeboard route marking is not allowed tongue
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 16:30

I've taken the bull by the horns so to speak, taking due cognisance of the old saying, "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission" and accordingly  I post this...

Of course it is, in the best ED tradition, subject to change, but perhaps it is a start.  If I can get my head around the PM system I'll try and PM perhaps absent B Coy members...

....again with the biggest of ....

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB Img-thing?

and, again with the best of intentions....

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB 24519356864_daf32358ca_b

A compacted version of 229th Wings Award taskings....

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB 24523527803_0a3a4cf7e9_b

and a summary of 229th Standing Operational Procedures...

B Coy Officers, Pilots & Noobs and everyone from the 229th AHB 25123596666_a840fe39bb_b

So where do we want to go....  It'll be nice it a clatter of us grew into a cohesive highly skilled team and entered into the world of MP as a flight, company or dare I say it, the Battalion...

Anyway, awaiting chastisement, the naughty stool is ready...

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Cib Sat 20 Feb 2016, 16:43

Great work Gizzy. I was thinking of this earlier and all I would add is that one of the training days is themed each week. For instance a thursday is set aside for predetermined subject IE navigation one week followed by another subject the following week. That allows the student pilots to study before the training and the IP to prepare his notes or whatever prior to the training. If that makes sense. And well done for taking the initiative I love you
(B/229) Cib
(B/229) Cib
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Sundog Sat 20 Feb 2016, 20:30

Yes, thank you for the work.
i'll try to do my very best, but i havbe to plan a little bit, cause of my simulation fi job Wink
hope to find a small slot for basic wing training.
(B/229) Sundog
(B/229) Sundog

No. of Flights: : >1000
Killed In Action: : 1
Slick No. of landings: : >1500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 20:48

(B/229) Cib wrote:... all I would add is that one of the training days is themed each week......

I understand and a good idea.

There are several pathways to consider dependent on take up and current skill level.... it may be 1,2 or 10 who knows.

As well as the 3 x WINGS certifications there are the many facets of helicopter operations as defined in 229th SOP's, and then you have the KA50, Mi8 (and later Gazelle) varients each with a separate speciality.

If a group of pilots with broadly similar skills regularly attend then the concept of 'announced themes' comes into it own.

Incidentally. I PM'ed all of B Company in the address book, if it worked that is and not threw a hissy fit!

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) TheAlmightySnark Sun 21 Feb 2016, 09:37

Sounds like a great idea!

(B/229) TheAlmightySnark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down