1stCavDiv (Airmobile)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to the 229th
Latest from VEAO Simulations Pixel

Archived Forum! Click here to View

Latest topics
» Application-Zeek
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyFri 05 Mar 2021, 03:34 by (A/229) Zeek

» Announcing the 229th Wiki Page
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021, 14:17 by (B/229) Sundog

» Application - Coach
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptySat 30 Jan 2021, 19:42 by (A/229) Spooky

» Happy new year!
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:48 by (A/229) Spooky

» Fall 2020 Promition List
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020, 10:20 by (C/229) Wallaby

» Application
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyMon 02 Nov 2020, 03:06 by (A/229) Cactus

» Mission Night
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020, 19:51 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» KA 50 Training 13 OCT 2020 2000 CDT
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptyTue 13 Oct 2020, 18:34 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

» New applicant
Latest from VEAO Simulations EmptySat 10 Oct 2020, 03:45 by (A/229) Gator

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest from VEAO Simulations

4 posters

Go down

Latest from VEAO Simulations Empty Latest from VEAO Simulations

Post by (C/229) Andrei Dragovic Wed 23 Sep 2015, 00:30

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147379

So the word is they are recoding the ASM for the Hawk so they can intergrate it with an EFM. But, multi-crew appears to be put off indefinitely because in order to do multi-crew they would have to recode the ASM a second time.

Hmm, sort of defeats the purpose of having a jet trainer if the student and instructor can't be in the same aircraft.
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic

No. of Flights: : 17

Back to top Go down

Latest from VEAO Simulations Empty Re: Latest from VEAO Simulations

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Wed 23 Sep 2015, 04:21

I will never buy an aircraft off this mob again unless its a completed FM and is at the required fidelity, so far its been a dogs breakfast from start to present. I bought the Hawk pre release thinking that supporting this third party would be a good thing to do, but il never support this mob again, its just the risk you take with unknown third party's. But then on the other hand you look at Belsimtek and Razbam, im happy to throw money at them.
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Major Battalion XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX Wed 23 Sep 2015, 04:34

agreed.  These guys are going to have to pull something amazing off for me to throw money at them again.  I am not impressed with what I have seen of their P40.
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
(HHC/229) GunfighterSIX
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Wed 23 Sep 2015, 05:02

Whilst I'm disappointed in the news, it takes courage to admit that you stuffed up, so on that front I'm pleased that they're coming clean and telling it like it is. That's a good step in the right direction.

I too was initially sceptical of the P-40, but with 2 discount vouchers in hand (pre-sale and $10 from the Hawk EFM) I put my hand in my pocket and pre-ordered it. I have a bit of a soft spot for the old girl. However if this module isn't ridgy didge, then they're done in my book.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Wed 23 Sep 2015, 05:13

To be honest as far as the failed Hawk goes, there are enough trainers in DCS now anyway and the Albatross looks very nice as well as the C 101. @ Highway - i like the P 40 and the Typhoon too but this one i will hold off on. What annoys me is that this mob put out that huge long list of AC and their first release is a lemon. And by stating they would be looking at making all those AC they have probably thwarted other TPD's looking at those AC. In effect we will probably never see those AC we love that are on that list.
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Andrei Dragovic Wed 23 Sep 2015, 05:49

The Tiger and the NH90... what's with the Australian Government and ordering lemons lately?!

I do agree that with VEAO it is definitely a wait and see proposition before buying anything.

I also am very concerned about them 'bagging' aircraft, and especially the ones on their 'road map' which have an * next to them. Apparently, the * means that they have a formal contract with ED to make that module.
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 14:13

I have to agree with Strut on this one. Their quality seems lacking and the hawk, well he said it spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway Wed 23 Sep 2015, 23:18

Whilst I tend to agree with the sentiment and I am disappointed with the news, think of your own experiences with DCS and how buggy it can be running one single script in a mission.

Now magnify that for a single script for every switch, dial, lever, control surface, instrument and so on and you'll get a rough idea about how complicated making an aircraft is for DCS.

I know from conversations that I've had with another would be developer how infuriating the Russians base coding of DCS that they have to deal with is, and that's why they threw in the towel until ED sorted their programming interfaces out. That's where I'm giving them some slack. Not because I'm happy with the Hawk, but because they've admitted their mistakes, taken the abuse on the forums and they've got up, dusted themselves off and stuck in there.

I totally give you that Belsimtek have made fantastic aircraft, but a lot of those guys came from ED. Learherneck made a fan-bloody-tactic module, but they coded a lot of the aircraft 'outside' of DCS. If you didn't know, the MiG-21 uses its own externally coded flight model, it doesn't use ED's code to fly.

Sure, VEAO's laundry list of AC is ridiculous, but it doesn't stop somebody else making the same aircraft if they think they can do it better (we're going to have more than 1 Spitfire and 109).

I'm prepared to give them one more go... If they screw that up though fair enough.
(C/229) Highway
(C/229) Highway
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) Strut Wed 23 Sep 2015, 23:39

Il cut them slack when they release something at the quality they purport to aspire to, at this stage they havnt, after all they need to prove they are good enough, if they do i might buy from them.
(HHC/229) Strut
(HHC/229) Strut
Major
Battalion XO
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Andrei Dragovic Thu 24 Sep 2015, 01:52

The last thing I will say is this: if they release an aircraft with an ASM and EFM, and it proves to be a good product, then I will certainly consider buying it.

I actually hope that they do fix the Hawk up. It is not the same model the RAAF uses as its jet trainer, but it is the same aircraft. Ideally I want the Hawk and Hornet, so I can simulate the natural progression that RAAF pilots go through to become a fighter pilot.
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic
(C/229) Andrei Dragovic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down